Wednesday, 17 May 2017

Cleaning the Beast!


I was quite pleased to get a rostered cleaning turn on P&O but at the same time quite daunted by the sheer size of the loco. There is a lot to clean! But after collecting wood and oily rags for the fireman I decided to make a start on the wheels and motion and then move onto the brass work as it was looking quite dull.

I was lucky enough to be asked out with the crew but there was also a trainee on the footplate so just helped out with the coupling up and pushing coal forward. Here is a picture of the loco after the first trip.

Overall it was an enjoyable day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cleaning the Beast!

I was quite pleased to get a rostered cleaning turn on P&O but at the same time quite daunted by the sheer size of the loco. There is...